Bachelor of Science in Bioscience
Professional Area in Biology
Biology is a professional area of concentration within the Bachelor of Science in Bioscience, it brings together different branches of science with an emphasis on the study of life and living organisms, including their structure, function, growth, evolution, distribution, and taxonomy.
Our program focuses on developing scientific reasoning and understanding in preparation for service, research, and further professional studies.
Students learn about Molecular Biology Techniques, Medicinal Plants, Parasitology, and Immunology.
What skills do our graduates gain?
Through this program, graduates develop a valuable set of skills that are transferable to a range of careers, including:
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- High moral and ethical standards
- Sense of value for life, people and diversity
- Good planning and organization
- Oral and written communication
- Teamwork and leadership
- Capacity to think creatively, logically and quantitatively
- Observation, research and development abilities
Fields of further study following your degree
- Physical therapy
- Science education
- Veterinary science