Partnership of Four Asian Adventist Universities Presents
1st International Scholars Conference
October 3-4, 2013
Asia-Pacific International University, Muak Lek, Saraburi, Thailand
Theme: “Improving School Performance”
Call for Papers
You are invited to present a paper at the 1st International Scholars Conference that will be held at Asia-Pacific International University, Muak Lek, Saraburi, Thailand.
Research papers are invited in any of the following tracks:
- Development of knowledge that may improve the content of teaching in the area of science, health, language, arts, information technology, psychology, education, business, theology, etc.
- School management that relates to schools’ strategic plans, finance, marketing, human resource management, information system, educational technology, evaluation, curriculum and instruction.
- Student activities such as community services, music, sport, etc.
Guidelines for Submission of Papers:
- Conference papers include research reports, comprehensive reviews of the literature, or evaluation of programs/methodology.
- Paper submitted is expected to contain original work which has not been published elsewhere.
- Abstract maximum length is 150 words.
- Full paper maximum length is 25 double spaced pages, including tables, charts, figures, and references.
- The paper should include a title, abstract, a list of key words, and references.
- Selected papers will be published in Catalyst (AIU academic journal). For more information about publication requirements for Catalyst see our webpage http://www.apiu.edu/publications/aiu_catalyst.html
- All submissions must be MS Word documents emailed to one of the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
John Wesley Taylor, Ph.D.
Liaison for higher education to Inter-American Division, South Pacific Division and West-Central Africa Division of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist
Siriporn Tantipoonwinai, Ph.D.
President emeriti of Asia-Pacific International University and Principal Lecture in health education
Loren Agrey, Ph.D.
President, Asia-Pacific International University, Muak Lek, Saraburi, Thailand
Francisco D. Gayoba, Ph.D.
President, Adventist University of the Philippines, Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Reymand Hutabarat, Ph.D.
President, Universitas Advent Indonesia, Bandung, Indonesia
A. Tommy Mambu, Ph.D.
President, Universitas Klabat, Manado, Indonesia
- No registration fee for paper presenter (one presenter per topic)
- Participants: US$50 (or 1,500 Baht) per person
- Students: US$25 (or 750 Baht) per person
- Limited accommodations are available for free inside the campus for four days from October 2 to 6, 2013. The free accommodation will be given on a first-register-first-serve basis. There are several hotels around the campus that cost approximately between 1,000 Baht to 3,000 Baht per night. Transportation will be provided from and to the hotel during the conference.
- (Exchange rate US $1=30.00 Baht, depending on foreign exchange rates)
- Meals are available at the university cafeteria at your expenses. It costs around 100 Baht (US$3.50) per meal.
- There will be a university bus or van that will fetch participants from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) airport on Wednesday. Please let us know your flight schedule.
- Submission of Abstract: July 22, 2013
- Submission of Full Paper: August 19, 2013
- Conference: October 3-4, 2013
1. Asia-Pacific International University (AIU) Muak Lek, Saraburi, Thailand
2. Adventist University of the Philippines (AUP) Silang, Cavite, Philippines
3. Universitas Advent Indonesia (UNAI) Bandung, Indonesia
4. Universitas Klabat (UNKLAB) Airmadidi, Manado, Indonesia
Thailand, officially the Kingdom of Thailand is a country in Southeast Asia with coasts on the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand. It borders Myanmar (Burma) to the north-west, Laos to the north-east, Cambodia to the south-east and Malaysia to the south. With great food, a tropical climate, fascinating culture and great beaches, Thailand is a magnet for travellers the world over. (Wikitravel).
Asia-Pacific International University is rooted from Southeast Asia Union College, Singapore established in 1906. Asia-Pacific International University provides a faith-based education where students are supported by their teachers in discovering knowledge and understanding one-self more completely through the learning process. The teaching faculty, support staff and administration are dedicated to embracing students, by not only caring for their intellectual development, but also their spiritual growth, and physical well-being. The campus culture is founded on international understanding, a strong values orientation, an abiding faith in God, all with the intention of helping students find purpose and meaning in life. Opportunities to enhance leadership skills are readily available to prepare students for their future career path along with activities to help develop a passion to serve their fellow man. (Dr. Loren G. Agrey, President of AIU).
For Registration Contact: