Regarding Guidance on Coronavirus Infection Prevention and Control for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Guests
January 30, 2020
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus infection, the University declares the following guidelines for prevention and control of the virus spreading:
- The university provides a Nursing Care Unit for temporary health surveillance, screening, and care at the Conference Room, ground floor of IT Building. Schedule of nurse on duty: Monday to Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Faculty, staff, students, and guests who travel abroad, upon returning to campus, are required to go through health screening with the Nursing Care Unit.
- The university will screen through thermo-scanner for fever among faculty, staff, and students prior to their participating in any gathering activities such as Church Services, Chapel, Student Assembly etc. There will be screening of all dormitory students once per week.
- Anyone with the following symptoms will be put on observation and refer to the nearest health clinic for further check-up: sick with fever (=/≥ 38Co), coughing, runny nose, shortness of breath.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers will be made available in various locations including dormitories, offices, library, cafeteria, auditorium, and classrooms.
- Off-campus activities will be reviewed by each Faculty as deemed appropriate. In case there is a need to have an off-campus activity, strategy of how to prevent the Coronavirus needs to be presented to the affiliated committee for approval before proceeding.
Tips for coronavirus prevention
- Wash your hands often with water and soap or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Thoroughly cook meat and eggs.
- No unprotected contact with wildlife or farm animals.
- Wear a facemask when visiting crowded places.
- Seek medical care right away if you are sick with fever, cough, runny nose, or shortness of breath