Southeast Asian Regional Students
The following schedule of charges is provided so that students who live within the territory of the Southeast Asian Union Mission of Seventh-day Adventists (Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam), and other Asian countries (Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Indonesia, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka) can calculate the cost of education in advance and arrange to finance their study program. The rates are adjusted annually to reflect changing economic conditions in Thailand.
All prices are listed in Thai Baht:
|Tuition (per credit hour) – Regional Bursary Rate
|University Fees (per semester)
|Laboratory Fee (per course, if required)
|• Computer, Language, or Science Lab
||1,000 – 1,500
|Other Required Fees
|• Application and Exam Fee (once)
|• New Student Registration Fee (once)
|• Academic Bulletin (once)
|• Student ID card (once)
|Boarding/Accommodation (per semester)
|• Dorm – Double occupancy (Fan room)
|• Dorm – Double occupancy (AC room)
|• Married Student Housing
|Food/Cafeteria (minimum per semester)
|• Damage Deposit (once)
|Student Visa Services (per year)
Students from countries beyond the regional countries previously named, details are available from the Admissions and Records office (email@example.com) or use the Cost Calculator.
- Electricity charges are metered on an individual student room basis. Usage exceeding 100 Baht per month is charged to the rooms’ occupants.
- Electricity charges for independent hot water units are metered and the charge is shared among the suite mates.
- The married student housing charge does not include utility charges. Occupants should plan for charges for water and electricity usage.
Certain deposits are required for security purposes. These deposits are refundable six working days after the time a student withdraws from the University and a financial clearance statement has been completed if there are no outstanding damage or loss claims that need to be settled.
Financial Arrangements and Terms of Payment
Students are required to obtain financial clearance from the Student Finance Office before or during registration. Without this financial clearance, students are not permitted to attend class. Payments can be made by way of draft, check, money order, credit card online payment, wire transfer, interbank transfer and cash denominated either in Thai Baht or US dollars. Cash payments are made only at the Cash Receipts window.
Several payment options are available to meet the financial needs of students as follows:
- Payment of the full-year’s account in full during first semester registration. For this, a 5% tuition discount is granted. This 5% discount will be calculated on the total tuition for the year net of other tuition scholarships, subsidies or bursaries.
- Payment of the semester’s account in full upon registration.
- A payment plan that has been approved by the Student Finance Officer. This payment plan may not extend beyond the end of the semester or a student’s planned graduation date.
Monthly Service Charge
|0 – 10,000 Baht
|10,001 – 15,000 Baht
|15,001 – 20,000 Baht
|20,001 – 25,000 Baht
|25,001 and above
Financial clearance is required from the Student Finance Office for the following:
- Registration at the beginning of each semester and summer session.
- Before a student withdraws from the University.
- Before a degree, diploma, or transcript is issued.
Before a student leaves Asia-Pacific International University, clearance must be obtained from both the Registrar’s Office and the Finance Office. Forms specifically for this purpose are available from the Registrar’s Office.
Students withdrawing from one or more courses during the semester may be eligible for refunds according to the following policy.
- 100% of tuition and regular/laboratory fees if withdrawal from one or more courses within two weeks of the commencement of the semester. 75% of tuition and regular/laboratory fees if withdrawing from all courses within two weeks of the commencement of a semester.
- 50% of tuition and regular/laboratory fees if withdrawal is within four weeks of the commencement of the semester.
- Unused dormitory and cafeteria fees may be refunded on a pro-rata basis; however, no partial month refunds will be granted.
- No refund of tuition or fees will be granted for withdrawals that occurs more than four weeks after the commencement of a semester or for withdrawals that are the result of disciplinary action.
- A signed request form or letter from the student and parent/guardian is required to initiate the procedure for any refunds. Requests must be submitted to the Student Finance Officer.
Accounts in Arrears
- If a continuing student owes any debt to the University from a previous semester, he/she will not be allowed to register until the full debt is repaid or satisfactory arrangements for the repayment of the debt have been made and formal financial clearance has been received from the Student Finance Office.
- Approximately two weeks before final examinations each semester, students whose accounts are in arrears must meet with the Student Finance Officer or the Vice President for Financial Administration and settle all outstanding debts with the University.
- Asia-Pacific International University will withhold all transcripts, diplomas, test scores, letters of completion, status letters and other official records until the student’s financial obligations to the University have been met.
- Graduating students must clear their accounts one week before graduation in order to be eligible to take part in graduation ceremonies.
The following forms of financial assistance are available to students who meet the necessary eligibility criteria:
- Southeast Asia Union Mission Scholarships. Students from Seventh-day Adventist families who live in the countries of the Southeast Asian Union Mission territory (the countries of Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam) are eligible for a scholarship offered by the Southeast Asia Union Mission of SDA. This scholarship meets approximately 10% to 25% of the chargeable expenses. Only full time students are eligible for this scholarship. Other special conditions must be met by students in order to maintain the scholarship on an ongoing basis. Details and application forms are available from your local Mission Office.
- Thailand Government Educational Assistance Loans may be available for Thai nationals who meet the specified criteria. Details and application forms are available from the Student Finance Office.
- Scholarships. A limited number of merit based scholarships may be available each year depending on availability of funding from donors.
- Campus Work-Study Program.