I want to study at AIU. What programs do you offer?

AIU offers:

  1. Pre university program: ESL
  2. Undergraduate: Bachelor of Arts (English), Bachelor of Arts (Christian Studies), Bachelor of Arts in Teaching, Bachelor of Science (Bioscience), Bachelor of Science (Information Technology), Bachelor of Business Administration
  3. Graduate Studies: Master of Business Administration, Master of Education

What qualifications are acceptable?

Applicants are expected to have satisfactorily completed secondary school or the accumulation of 12 years of schooling. Applicants from countries using the British education system may apply with a GCE O and A levels, GED or IB Diploma. For detailed information can be read through: http://www.apiu.edu/admission-information

Can I transfer to AIU from another university?

Yes, you can. However, it is important to note that our University does not accept transfer student from other institutions on academic probation or suspension.

Is there any age requirement?

There is no age requirement for admission to our university, although the vast majority of undergraduates are 18 years or older when they come into residence.

How do I apply?

The application process is quite straightforward. To apply, you need to submit your application several weeks or months before you wish to start at the university. You can do AIU online application through: https://sarra.apiu.edu/register/default.aspx

Can I still get a paper application?

If an online application is not possible, you can request application papers by email to or get the forms from here.

How long does it take to process an application?

We look at several pieces of information to make an admission decision. After you apply, you will receive an acknowledgement on the same day that your application is received and within a few days a provisional admission decision will be made.

How do I know if my application is incomplete?

The checklist on the application describes each component that is required by AIU. Within two or three days after receiving your application, you will receive an email indicating if any items are missing (transcript, recommendation, copy passport, etc).

Is it possible to submit documents after the deadline?

The digital documents need to be uploaded before the deadline. However, hard copies can be mailed or handed after the deadline or during the registration time.

Should I translate my school documents?

In case if your school diploma and transcript are written in a language other than English, you are required to translate and certify the documents. The translation has to be done by a sworn translator and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country.

Whom should I ask as my referees?

Referees have to be someone from your previous school (teacher, school principal, or school counselor), Church pastor, or immediate supervisor.

How much is the application fee? How do I pay it?

The application fee is 300 THB for ESL and undergraduate programs, and 600 THB for the graduate program. Payment of the fee is available online and is located in the “payment” section through the university website https://sarra.apiu.edu/register/OnlinePaymentLandingPage.aspx

Is there any student deposit? And do I need to settle my deposit before arrival?

Yes, there is. On receiving notification that all documents have been approved, an advance foreign student deposit and Dorm room reservation deposit will be required.

Will I have to sit an admission test?

Yes, you will. The admission test comprises of the English Proficiency (required for those coming from non-English medium schools), and the Mathematics Placement.

Do I have to submit my English language qualification?

English proficiency scores are required of all international students whose first language is not English, except those applicants who have graduated from an accredited schools or universities where English is the language of instruction.

What is the minimum requirement for an English proficiency score?

  • IELTS: minimum average of 5.0 with no individual band score below 4.5 and the score of reading and writing should be at least 5.0.
  • TOEFL: minimum score 500 (paper based), 173 (computer based), or 61 (internet based).

Whom should I contact or see after my arrival?

You can contact either Admission and Records officers or dormitory deans who will take care all newly arrived students.

Can I transfer my education to other universities in USA?

Yes, you can. AIU is fully accredited by the Ministry of Education in Thailand and that means credit are transferable to other higher education institutions. However, the extent to which this is possible depends on the transfer credit policy of the receiving institution.

What fees will I have to pay?

There are different levels of tuition and fees depending if you are classified as a “home” (Thailand) student or an “overseas” student. More information about tuition fees please contact: or .

How can I pay my tuition and fees?

We are listing several ways in which tuition and fees may be paid:

  1. Our online payment system https://sarra.apiu.edu/register/OnlinePaymentLandingPage.aspx
    Enrollment confirmation or student ID number is required for this payment method.
  2. Bank Transfer or Bank draft in favor of Asia-Pacific International University
    Account No. 055-1-31754-8 Saving Account
    A/C Name:   Asia-Pacific International University   Swift Code: AYUDTHBK
    Bank Name: Bank of Ayudhaya Public Company Ltd.
    Branch:  Muaklek   Address: 48/7 Moo 9, Mitrapap Rd. Muaklek Saraburi Province 18180, Thailand
  3. Cash payments are made at the Cash Receipts window.


– The university’s bank account is a Thai Baht account

– The bank account is a business account

Are there scholarships and financial assistance for international students?

Yes, there are scholarships and financial assistance for students:

New Student Scholarship

Interested applicant is eligible to receive a one-time “New Student Scholarship” worth of 5,000 – 10,000 Baht if applicant applies in during a certain time frame.

Scholarship for Families Supporting Two or More Students at Asia-Pacific International University

  • For students from the same family attending Asia-Pacific International University, a family scholarship is allowed for tuition only.
  • For a family with two students attending the University at the same time, a discount of 5% of tuition is given to the second student.
  • For a family with three or more students attending at the same time, a scholarship of 10% of tuition is given to the third and subsequent students.

Campus Work-Study Program

Asia-Pacific International University provides work opportunities to enable students to help finance their study. Work opportunities, however, are limited and in granting work assignments preference will be given to students who need work as part of their financial plan. The amount of work assigned depends on the student’s financial need as well as class load and academic performance.

Where will I live?

AIU operates as a residential university. Thus, students are required to live in the residences provided. Exceptions are made for those who are eligible to stay off- campus or in the community with close relatives (means: parents, legal guardian – i.e. brothers or sisters of parents – who must be married).

Are students able to go out of campus on weekends?

Students who live on campus are required to abide by the Residence policy. If there is a need to go out on weekend, a permission can be obtained by submitting the leave request to the Residence Deans.

What student activities are available on campus?

Our University offers variety activities for students such as in sports, musics, academics or clubs.

I am not Christian. Should I attend the university worship activities?

Asia-Pacific International University is a Christian faith-based institution owned and operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. As such, corporate worship and fellowship is a major activity designed for enhancing the spiritual growth and character building of students. Therefore, students are required to attend the worship programs while enrolled at our University.

What campus services do you have?

Our campus services are available in the area of Computer services, Medical services, and counseling services.

Does University have wireless access?

All university main buildings are equipped with wireless access. This includes all residence halls.

Do you have a Cafeteria? What type of food is served? What are the hours?

Yes, we do. Vegetarian meals will be available in the university cafeteria and caters for national and international dishes. Cafeteria opens from 07:00 AM – 17:00 PM.

What are the hours of the Library?

Our Library opens from 08:00 AM – 17: 00 PM and 19:00 PM – 22:00 PM (Sunday to Thursday) and 08:00 AM – 13: 00 PM on Friday

Whom Should I contact regarding visa information?

The Admissions and Records office will give information on student visa arrangements.

How can I apply for a student visa?

In order for you to obtain your student visa, you will need a letter of acceptance and visa supporting documents from our university.

Can I apply for a student visa in Thailand?

A student must apply for a student visa at the Royal Thai embassy or Consulate outside of Thailand.

How long does it take to get the student visa?

Visa application process varies from country to country and can take from three working days to a week. This also depends on the nationality of the student in which for certain nationality, visa processing time may take one to two months. Details can be read through the Thai embassy or Consulate website in your respective country.

How long will my student visa be valid?

Your initial student visa will valid for 90 days, counting from the date you enter Thailand. The university will extend your visa approximately 30 days before your visa expires. It is important to know that you are required to keep your passport in the Liaison Office.

The following is the criteria for extending your student visa:

ESL and Undergraduate Student

  • Must register for 15 credits in a regular semester( or a minimum of 12 credits)
  • Must register every semester (Summer is optional)
  • Student is not on academic or disciplinary suspension

Graduate Student

  • Must register for 9-12 credits in a regular semester or a minimum 6 credits
  • Must register every semester

Who will extend my visa?

The University through its Liaison Office will extend all foreign students visa. 30 days before your student visa expires, you are required to submit your original passport to the Liaison Office as the officer will check if you have fulfilled the criteria for visa extension:
ESL and Undergraduate Student

  • Must register for 15 credits in a regular semester and 6 credits in Inter Semester
  • Must register every semester (Inter Semester is optional)
  • Student is not on academic or disciplinary suspension

Graduate Student

  • Must register for 9-12 credits in a regular semester or at least 6 credits
  • Must register every semester

What should I do if I plan to leave Thailand during the school break?

All foreign students are required to apply for re-entry permit before leaving the country. Failing to do so may result in automatic cancelation of your student visa and you will be required to reapply for a new student visa.

Re-Entry Permit Fees

  • Single Re-entry permit: 1,000 Baht
  • Multiple Re-entry permit: 3,800 Baht

Will I be allowed to extend my student visa after graduation?

As per the Thai Immigration policy, all educational institutions are required to report and cancel student visa as soon as they officially graduate. Usually, graduate students are advised to leave the country within a week after graduation. If a student fails to do so, the University will not be responsible for paying the overstay fine of 500 Baht per day.

Can my stay permit get cancelled?

Yes, our university will cancel the student stay permit with the following circumstances:

  • Students who are graduated
  • Students who are on academic suspension status for more than two semesters
  • Students who are on withdrawal status
  • Students who are on semester leave for more than two semesters
  • Students who are on discipline status

Can I work in Thailand while on a student visa?

No, you CANNOT work in Thailand while on a student visa. If you fail to comply with this policy, the university will cancel your visa immediately.

Can I come without a student visa or Tourist visa?

We strongly recommend that our students come with a proper student visa to Thailand. If you arrive without any visa, you are required to leave the country to apply for a non-immigrant student visa from outside of Thailand.

If you arrive with a tourist visa, you may change your visa in Thailand at least 15-30 days before your visa expires. However, this may not apply to all countries.

If I come with my family members, do they need visas?

Yes, they do need to come with a proper Non-Immigrant O visa. This applies for the immediate family of the student (spouse and children but not parents).

Who will extend the visa of my family members while I am studying in Thailand?

Our University will extend the visa of the married student family members. For this visa extension, you have to prepare these two documents:

  • Original married certificate and its certified English translation stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Thai embassy/consulate in your country
  • Original children’s birth certificate and its certified English translation stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Thai embassy/consulate in your country

How much is the visa extension fee for my family members?

The visa extension fee for each family member is 1,900 Baht/year